Welcome to fastplay wargaming, a new kind of strategy game experience.
Battleplan: American Civil War is an exciting top-down real time/turn-based hybrid strategy game. Take command of either Confederate or Union troops and fight your way through ten of the American Civil War’s most famous battles.
Experience the excitement and satisfaction of co-ordinating plans, seeing them through, revising them dynamically and achieving victory over an opponent with several strategies to employ against you.
A pure strategy experience, Battleplan: American Civil War’s gameplay focuses solely on battle management – the only thing you have to worry about is where best to send your troops and how best to keep them supplied.
The short, demanding battles can be ideal for brief journeys as each can take as little as ten minutes to play.
– Play as Union or Confederate
– Campaign or one off-battles
– Three difficulty settings
– Historically faithful simulation of large-scale battles at divisional and brigade level
– Factor in weather & reinforcements
– Random reinforcements and No Pause mode for a greater challenge
– Unique ‘automatic’ and high-level command battle mechanics
– Manage messengers and lines of communication
– Historically accurate corps commander personalities
– Build pontoons and earthworks
– Ammunition and supply management
– NEW! Change the pace of battle to suit your style with Patch 1.1’s Speed Slider (in Options)
Learn to control your armies, think strategically, and unfold complex attacks in the face of a cunning enemy while dealing with an ever-changing battlefield.
Experience the excitement and satisfaction of co-ordinating plans, seeing them through, revising them dynamically and achieving victory over an opponent capable of surprising you with unorthodox plans of their own.