In a time before time, out of the mist-cloaked North came the barbarians!
Come to pillage the shadow-haunted temples of the wicked cults of civilisation.
The barbarians were grim, brutal men, with thickly corded muscles.
They spoke in a barking tongue, and were proficient with long sword and javelin.
Let me tell you the tale of the strongest and most valiant of the barbarians.
His name made the mightiest tyrants quake on their thrones.
This is the tale of Crongdor – barbarian, raider, thief!
- Lop off heads, skewer with javelins, and furiously hammer your way through 8 hectic temples.
- Heavy metal theme music from Hornanvasara!
- Entire physics module written for bouncing, rolling decapitated heads.
- Survive dart traps, crushing boulders, and warlock ambushes.
- Topple temple pillars like dominoes with your god-gifted maul.
- Extremely difficult – only true barbarians need apply.
- Wipe the guts off your screen!
- Game progression is casual – an attempt to unlock the next temple takes a few minutes … but you may need many, many attempts.
- Make your own custom maps full of traps and secrets using our map editor.
- Full C++ / OpenGL source code package.
Mods and Source Code
We are very happy to help you pull the game apart and explain how it was made, and what some of the lessons learned, design decisions, and insights from the project were. If you’re interested in programming games from the ground up in C or C++, distributing for multiple platforms, or programming OpenGL computer graphics, or just curious about how the “guts” of these things look, then you will enjoy following along and chatting with us. We will most likely try a combination of written, video, stream, and forum content. We’ve kept the game really easy to mod, so if you want to replace the art, make new enemies or maps you can do so. You will of course have access to the source code, warts and all, so you can see how it was done and modify it.