Journey to Rooted Hold takes place after the clearing of King Dugan’s Dungeon and before The City Beneath. Either KDD or JtRH can be played after Gunthro and the Epic Blunder.
You’ll be hooked by the story of Beethro Budkin and his troublesome nephew, Halph. Our heroes set off on a harmless jaunt through a secret passage in the king’s dungeon but end up far beneath the surface, chased by a clownish madman. They begin to uncover a vast, underground bureaucracy, and things only get stranger the further they delve. What secrets lie deep below waiting for Beethro to uncover?
You’ve got over 25 sprawling levels and 350 rooms ahead–each one a singular challenge for you to conquer.
- Upgraded version taking advantage of the latest iteration of the DROD engine, with all-new challenge achievements!
- 25 sprawling levels with over 350 custom designed rooms, including secret rooms.
- Over twenty-five hours of constantly changing gameplay.
- 17 types of monsters with greatly varying abilities and behavior.
- 11 different characters, some of which contribute to puzzles as well as story development.
- 15 other puzzle game elements including potions, explosives, and tunnels.
To play this DLC:
- Start “DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder”
- Click “Play Game”, then click “Change Location”.
- Select “Journey to Rooted Hold” and click “Okay”. Now you will see the “DROD:JtRH” title screen.
- Click “Play New Game” to start.