Velocity XL RG is an amateur-built 4-seater aircraft and is the flagship of the Velocity range (XL standing for Xtra-Large). Essentially a larger version of the SE, it is of canard-pusher configuration and features a retractable landing gear, with engine options up to 310 horsepower. Around 150 examples have been completed to air-worthy standard by amateur builders.
The FSX: Steam Edition version, developed by FlySimWare, comes with a custom G1000 PFD, MFD and remote system which includes features like engine displays, brightness controls to gallons used information. Also included is a full auto pilot system with VNAV that is close to real world operations making the autopilot system complete with every function available for use. Realistic gear operation, night light effects along with new landing lights and several ways to use night lighting in the cockpit.
The model is designed to mimic real world operations and use real specs for flight dynamics. 2D panels for the G1000 screens, specs, features and a service hanger to repair / refuel change pilot modes and night lighting are all included.
An additional feature is a prop-scrape effect and gear-up landing ability for emergency landings. Once the engine has been damaged during a prop-scrape, you can use the repair hanger to install a new engine and prop.
- Real world specifications
- High quality 3D gauges
- HD textures / World Reflections / Specular effects
- Sound module for VC sounds and environment effects.
- Custom XML coding for real world gauges and animations
- Custom G1000 & Remote
- High quality animated pilot with optional settings
- 4 stage propeller effects
- Prop-scrape and gear-up for prop damage effects
- Prop Anti-Ice system / Pitot heater / Electronic Comfort Control System / CD Player