Grand Class Melee 2 is an RPG job system arena fighter featuring a huge roster of over 60 character classes to battle with. Drawing inspiration from JRPG favorites and the competitive classics of console multiplayer, players progress through 8 intensifying rounds of fierce combat, gain new abilities each round and build up their arsenals to the top of the class tree.
To bolster the slash/thrust/parry weapons-based melee, every player pairs the new ability of their chosen class with one earned from a lower class for an ever-evolving, two-fisted loadout. With up to 4 players mixing & matching, the possibilities are sprawling!
Fleshing out standard setup are bots, teams, custom scoring, procedural biome battlefields and other game style tweaks to keep the fight fresh.
GCM2 is in EARLY ACCESS (v1.0.15), offering a stable, configurable, extensively tested local multiplayer brawl supporting up to 4 players on keyboard, USB gamepad & Xbox 360 controller.
Features in active Early Access development include:
- Online Battle Mode for long distance fisticuffs on a virtual couch
- Ranked Battle Mode to bring fame to your hard-fought victories (leaderboards are live!)
- Survival Mode where players stand their ground against waves of enemies
- Practice Mode to climb the class tree in comfort and test abilities freely
- Performance Awards for endgame recognition of epic bests & skeledead worsts
- In-game Unlockables that reward your blood, sweat and other fluids
- Achievements & Trading Cards to round out the Steam game experience (cards are live!)
- Fan-driven Class Balancing where your player-submitted feedback assists us in deciding improvements & refinements to individual class balance (class balancing is live!)
In the tradition of Street Fighter II, Warcraft II, Bomberman 2, Seiken Densetsu 2 and other greats you may not have played until they hit with part two, Gigatross presents Grand Class Melee 2 — a game for those who like a little variety in their multiplayer RPG job system arena fighting.