Interstellar Rift is a open world Starship Simulator with an emphasis on ship construction and multi-player interaction. Players will need to survive in a hostile galaxy with their own custom designed and constructed starship. Space is vast but you wont have to face it alone, other players will be able to join your ship and help out, or build their own rival fleet and fight you across the galaxy.
- Features (Current and Planned)
- Player hosted servers with support up to 64 players
- Singleplayer (offline)
- A vast open universe
- Explore stellar phenomena, derelict stations and more
- An incredibly powerful ship editor
- Design your own spaceship and share it with the world
- Resource gathering and crafting
- A dynamic npc and player driven economy
- Hostile and friendly npc’s that roam the galaxy
- Fully simulated ships
- Life support, power systems, fuel consumption, shields and more!
Interstellar Rift has been in development since October 2012. Conceived after years of inspiration from games such as FTL and Garry’s Mod with the Spacebuild plugin.
Interstellar Rift is built on our own game engine technology called Aluna, tailored to the exact needs of the project. Interstellar Rift began life as a project called AGOS. Split Polygon was founded in march 2013 with a team of five and development continued for just over a year before the project was renamed to Interstellar Rift.