Into the Belly of the Beast is a single-player action-adventure game.
You play a small worm-like creature exploring the ocean with your children.
Your journey starts when your offspring is suddenly swallowed by a giant sea monster.
Desperately trying to rescue them, you follow them: Into the Belly of the Beast.
—- Please Note, EARLY ACCESS —-
Our game is currently in Early Access, which means that not all stages are currently playable.
What you can do:
– Explore the first two regions of the Beast: “Throat” & “Stomach“
– Play 14 fully functional stages!
– One Boss fight (“Oktokay” found in the last of the “Throat” Stages)
– The playable “Hub” region, which acts as your gateway to all the games stages.
– Learn and use different abilities
– Use the DNA Feature to interact with enemies
– Collectibles to upgrade you Character
– Play on PC & iOS
– Have fun.
What you can expect down the road:
– Two more big regions (Which you can already see in action in our Early Access trailer): “Lung” & “Brain”
– Three more Bossfights (One for each main region)
– A special final Stage!
– 2 more Abilities to learn
– A Bestiarium, to show more information about all the enemies you have encountered
– Steam achievements
– General refinements & Bug fixing
– (Maybe: Steam Trading Cards)
The game consists of different stages representing areas inside the body of a sea monster.
You unlock these stages by solving puzzles and challenges, outsmarting the creatures living inside the beast and defeating nasty boss creatures.
On your journey through the beast’s body, you can learn and use a number of different special abilities and powers, make friends and adapt yourself to your enemies with a unique DNA feature.
The game features a unique DNA based foe/ally and special ability system.
Surely you could just try to kill anything you encounter, or… you could do the smarter thing and ally with one of two DNA factions, which are at war with each other, and unlock different skills depending on which DNA you choose, like acceleration, generating poisonous clouds or spitting thorns.
Battle your way through heaps of enemies and stand your ground against mighty bosses. Rescue your children and learn new abilities.
On your journey you will encounter a number of different creatures which you can review in your personal bestiary.
Interact with the environment to resolve physics-based and other puzzles to find and free your children. Charge with heat or electrical current to use them as tools, or as weapons against your enemies.
Prove your skill by maneuvering through difficult gauntlets, teeming with deadly traps (some of which can also be used to kill your enemies).
Will you manage to save your children and escape from the beast?