M.A.V. is a custom mech combat game with a core focus on tactical combat and customization.
You play as a MAV pilot, fighting against an oppressive government trying to turn your home into a forced labor camp. You will be able to build your MAV, piece by piece, into the perfect weapon for your fighting style. You will need to use teamwork and a steady aim to fight against other MAV’s and military forces to protect your home and take back the areas conquered by others.
Take part in a persistent war across the surface of Europa, fighting against other rebel factions and the United Earth Council. Join with your friends to create your own faction, capture territories through hard fought battles, spend resources to get new parts for your MAV and upgrade the defenses of your territories, and possibly deploy a game changing Mega Weapons.
- You can choose from thousands of parts across over 30 different categories to design and build your MAV, from the ground up, or pick from community shared designs.
- Fight in many different game modes, with the freeform Arena and Siege mode, to the single player story, or the persistent campaign mode.
- Experience intense mech combat, with realistic projectiles, physics based weapon recoil, individual part damage, and fantastic environments.
- In the campaign mode, build up your captured territories with additional defenses, place turrets to help fight off invaders, and hire and recruit AI rebels to fight alongside you. Changes you make on a territory level effect the battlefields and can change the balance of power.
- Full customization of your MAV, with millions of combinations possible, different paint jobs and camo patterns, along with decals, you will always be able to express yourself and be unique on the battlefield.
Current State of the Game
Because the game is still in active development not all features are fully represented yet. Here are the things that ARE currently in the game.
- 325 different parts to build your M.A.V. with
- Robust AI bots that you can play against or with in both single and multiplayer
- Arena mode and Siege mode game types
- Multiplayer battles
- Color customization of your M.A.V.
- Fully realized combat with locational damage, damage effects, performance decay with damage.
Features that are In Progress
- Commander Parts- Will allow you a greater overview of the battlefield and grant you the ability to issue orders and help guide your team.
- Stat tracking, player profiles, achievements, and player ranks and unlocks.
- Campaign mode – The persistent online game mode
- More parts! – Melee weapons, Long range indirect fire weapons, quad and hexapod bases, more cockpits
- Improved level assets – Graphical overhaul of the levels is currently inprogress