Mushihimesama V1.5, also known as “Matsuri” mode, is an alternate game mode for Mushihimesama with remixed content and new game mechanics.
There are a number of differences compared to the original game:
- The stages have an alternate, more saturated color palette.
- An awesome remixed soundtrack exclusive to this mode.
- Enemies are positioned in new locations and fire somewhat different shot patterns. Some strategies will need to be re-learned.
- You can collect amber from the ground by holding the focus shot button.
- You begin with two options equipped.
You can also activate MAX mode by selecting full power weapons in the weapon selection screen. There are a number of additional changes specific to MAX mode:
- You begin with a fully powered weapon right at the start of the game, but at the cost of increased difficulty and bullet speed.
- Collecting amber chips increases your counter. You can generate large amber by shooting enemies at point blank range to increase the counter faster.
- Bullets are much faster when the counter is over 10,000 or 50,000, but you will get increased points.
- You begin with only one bomb, but with the MAX mode enabled Reco will defend herself automatically if hit.
MAX mode encourages a very aggressive play style right from the start of the game and presents a different challenge for veteran players to enjoy.