Experience Terror that is Never the Same Twice with Phantasmal: City of Darkness, a procedurally generated survival horror game where every playthrough is completely different.
You will need to face off against lurking, otherworldy horrors as well as a totally unpredictable procedurally generated environment. You simply cannot rely on your previous experience to guarantee safe passage.
Venture through the perilous Kowloon Walled City before it’s destruction in the early 90s.
You are fragile. Not just physically, but mentally as well – the creatures will challenge your very sanity. The odds are stacked steeply against you, but you can prevail through sheer cunning. You will need to scavenge for resources carefully, sneak past and distract your enemies. If you are caught, you can fight back, but don’t expect to live for very long.
The environment has been carefully crafted by none other than Brian Bell, critically acclaimed lighting director of several Hollywood movies, including Riddick, Life of Pi, The Ring 2, and many others.
- Infinite Replayability: Every room and corridor in Phantasmal is uniquely generated with infinite possibilities. No level will EVER be constructed the same!
- Don’t Go Insane: Battling the creatures of Phantasmal will slowly erode your sanity, diminishing mental and physical states and forcing you to deal with a fate worse than death.
- Tread Softly: Fighting is meant to be reserved as a last resort in Phantasmal. Sneak past enemies as much as possible, as each action taken will have consequences!
- Carry a Big Stick: When all else fails, you must defend yourself with anything you can find or rip from the walls. There are some firearms to be found, but they are more of a curse than a blessing: making too much noise will be a fatal mistake.
- Light, Both an Ally and Enemy: Every asset to survivability has a price. Use light sources wisely, as even a torch can be a liability.
- Horror will Ebb and Flow: The AI Director mechanism will control the flow of your experience through the game.