Defend your planet from incoming asteroids, aliens and more in this VR-only room-scale HTC Vive game. Position defense units in orbits around your planet, plant mines and keep an eye out for planet-bound threats from any direction.
PlanetFate is being built from the ground up for virtual reality. Being able to manipulate defense units’ orbits using Vive’s controllers and move around your playspace to identify incoming threats makes this a tense and action filled game.
The fate of your planet rests on your quick thinking, strategic skills and spatial awareness.
Current Arcade Game Modes
Time Challenge: Think you can keep your planet safe for a mere five minutes? We’ll see…
Endless: How long can you hold off the inevitable?
- Full HTC Vive Support: Room scale with full motion controller support
- Highscores for each game mode (Steam Leaderboard in development)
- Adjustable planet height: Whether you’re 4ft, 7ft or anything in-between, we’ve got you covered
- Optional standing platform: Float in space or give yourself the comfort of some firm footing
- Variety of weapons: Orbital lasers, torpedoes and mines are only the beginning…
Future Mission Modes in Development
In addition to the arcade style game modes currently available, PlanetFate will offer players more game modes focused on strategy and longer gameplay. Here’s a sneak peek at what’s currently in development and how the game will expand over time:
- Escort Missions: defend cargo ships against pirates, through asteroid fields and other hazards
- Battlecruiser Missions: control a massive battlecruiser’s turrents, shields and fighters in various scenarios
- Defense Building: build and manage stations, mines, shields and more from invasions
- Skirmish: build and manage your fleet and engage in room scale battles
The type of missions created will be based on the support PlanetFate receives during Early Access. So while the current version only offers arcade-style modes, if you are interested in longer form missions, consider supporting PlanetFate.