Ragdoll Runners is a physics-based Track & Field game where you control independently the two legs of an athlete to compete in 8 events of different types: sprint, long jump, triple jump, hurdles.
You control your athlete principally with two buttons: one button per leg. Therefore, the gameplay is not based on button mashing like in most other athletics games: it’s all about good timing.
(A third button allows to lean forward on certain occasions: to finish a sprint, a jump, or to jump over a hurdle.)
- Solo: compete against increasingly strong opponents and become a champion in each event.
- Splitscreen: play against 3 friends on the same computer.
- Confront the world record and your friends’ records.
- Challenge mode: compete against increasingly strong records from the leaderboards and become a concurrent for other players.
- Daily Contest : experience the stress of competition with a limited number of attempts each day. Do your best in each event to score the most points in the Octathlon.
Note: in case it’s not obvious, this game is very different from QWOP.