Bound together by accident, the two characters Bismo and Plom can exchange their size and abilities at will. The world and its challenges revolve around this “shifting” mechanic, forcing the two players to work together (and occasionally stab each other in the back).
Together you explore the different themed stages, solve puzzles and fight over precious coins. Coordination and communication are key for a successful journey. Shift Happens is best enjoyed on a couch with a good friend and a pizza. We recommend using gamepads for maximum enjoyability™.
The singleplayer mode was added due to popular demand and adds more levels to play. Although the game is primarily meant to be played by two people, you can play the completely different singleplayer levels without another person.
The game features all the good things you should expect from a co-op platformer:
- over 40 levels of handcrafted fun
- local and online co-op gameplay
- challenge and arena levels for more replayability and short game sessions
- extra challenges in the levels for completionists and explorers
- more than 30 different levels designed for the singleplayer mode