Shin Samurai Jazz is a platform-adventure game. It combines the likes of film noir and samurai cinema, presenting them with 8-bit graphics, an electro-jazz soundtrack, and a comic/manga-like style creating a unique atmosphere.
Unlike it’s predecessor, samurai_jazz, Shin Samurai Jazz features jumping mechanics inspired by chuunori, an old technique used in kabuki theatre to give the illusion of flying. It’s combat mechanics consist of hacking and slashing with the ability to juggle enemies and perform mid-air combinations, also inspired by chuunori. While the adventure elements remain intact, the puzzles are more complex with varied level designs and enemy placements/attack patterns that make use of the game’s mechanics.
- Adventure through an 8-bit city and free it from it’s pixelated nightmare
- Chuunori inspired platforming with double-jumping, wall-jumping, and aerial dashing abilities
- Perform attack combinations on land or in mid-air and juggle enemies to overcome their strategic placement and attack patterns
- Solve puzzles that will test your platforming skills
- Supports Xbox 360 controllers