The Fortunate Isles are in trouble! The sinister Lord Urizen is using the economic crisis to impose his cruel policies on the people, and all the local politicians seem to be in his thrall. Meanwhile, the ancient biotechnological dwelling known as Underhome is facing foreclosure, and its inhabitants don’t even know why. Desperate for help, The Mysterious-Druid, scion of the Mysterious-Druid family and caretaker of Underhome, creates a magical portal that will allow you to interact directly with the Lands of Dream.
Are you ready for a journey?
The portal is easy to use – it functions much like a classic point & click adventure game. You can move around the world using specially-grown directional arrows, store objects in your surprisingly capacious inventory, talk to the inhabitants of the Fortunate Isles using a technodruidic Wall of Text biointerface, and spend most of your time examining mushrooms.
The Steam Version
Time in the Lands of Dream flows at a different pace, so it doesn’t really matter that this portal was initially released in 2012. It has since been updated with a number of oft-requested features and improvements, as well as a number of strange additions and changes no-one asked for, but which have appeared anyway. Technodruidism is frequently unpredictable.
- Explore the Fortunate Isles!
- Talk to interesting people and creatures!
- A mouse in your inventory!
- Walls of text!
- Thousands upon thousands of details to find!
- An awesome alchemy system that’s totally not confusing!
- Contains achievements!
- Includes “The Road to Underhome” PDF!
- No need to be into adventure games to enjoy this!
- But it’s cool if you are!
- Literary, thoughtful, philosophical!
- Quirky, interesting, different!!
- Something, something, something!
- Adjectives! Words! SEO-optimized flatulence!
- You know what? Feature lists suck!
- Better just read a few of the reviews!
- Or try another portal to the Lands of Dream! Most of them are free!
- If I see any more exclamation marks, I’ll get a headache!
The portal was created by The Mysterious-Druid with the help of Jonas Kyratzes (The Talos Principle, Serious Sam 4, The Infinite Ocean), Verena Kyratzes (Serious Sam 4, Zombies and Elephants, the Lands of Dream series), and Chris Christodoulou (Risk of Rain, Deadbolt).