In The Sentient, you play as an artificial intelligence who is asked to help mankind’s failing space exploration plans. Being able to process data relatively quickly you are tasked with bringing as much research and knowledge back to Earth via an orbital station known as “The Ark.” At the Ark, you are able to recruit a crew, alter the layout of your ship, and perform research to improve current and new technology in order to aid you on future missions. When away from the Ark, your decisions can result in the life or death of not only your ship but of your crew. Space is a vast unknown so everything must be discovered in order to attempt to work with or against aliens.
1) Procedurally-generated: Explore unpredictable sectors of space.
2) Choose a crew: Recruit a crew with perks and daily needs. Train them well and become stronger.
3) Fully-customizable ship: Design and optimize the complete layout of your ship – from the number of shield generators to toilets. Everything is in your hands!
4) Ship-to-ship combat (based on ship designs and crew capabilities): Not able to withstand enough damage? Increase the number of shield generators and shield consoles. Not enough damage output? Increase the number of weapon tanks and weapon consoles.
5) Ongoing research: Gain research usable in upgrading weaponry, ship stats and capabilities.